RH Marine is a leading system integrator and innovator of electrical and automation systems in the maritime industry, and delivers tailored solutions for complex Defence, Safety & Security ships, Yachts and Special Vessels. We support and advise the customer from the design phase through the entire life cycle of the ship. Ensuring safe, sustainable, comfortable and cost efficient continuity of operations for our customers and the operators by integrating smart and cost effective solutions since 1860.
Within the naval engineering department we're looking for several fulltime Simulation (Software) Engineers who will work on ship modeling for a Multi Platform Procedure Trainer. If necessary, you will receive proper training.
The requirements are:
• MSc degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Maritime Technology, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant technical field;
• Ability or willing to fully understand physical processes of maritime systems and subsystems;
• Experience in designing with Matlab/Simulink;
• Knowledge of C++ software development, Visual Studio and TFS is preferable;
• Able to write functional design specifications;
• Excellent communication and teaming skills;
• Knowledge of alarm, monitoring & control systems and PLC’s (Rockwell) is preferable;
• Highly motivated and eager to learn;
• Team player as well as able to work independently;
• Ability to deliver customer-focused and results-based solutions;
• Trouble-shooter and problem-solving skills;
• Able to read and speak the Dutch language is preferable.
Your responsibilities will be:
• Development and design of software modules for the simulation of maritime systems and subsystems to support training of operators;
• Producing structured well-designed, testable scripts;
• Integration of software components into a software simulation framework;
• Development of system and software verification plans;
• Writing documentation of system and software functionality;
• Comply with project plans (Scrum) and company standards.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated!
For more information about internships and job opportunities, contact our HR-department.